EU Emergency Alert System Registration
- Those who register others are responsible for any messaging charges from the wireless service providers. Eastern University is not responsible for any charges your service provider may charge for standard text messaging fees.
- You will only receive messages if your account information is registered correctly, so check to make sure your information is up-to-date.
- Your information is not shared with or sold to third parties or used for anything other than Eastern University Emergency Notifications.
- If you do not want to receive text messages, but would still like to receive the alerts, register with your email address only.
- The EU Emergency Alert system is totally separate from any other accounts that you may have established with the University, although we do suggest using your E-Net username and password as your EU Emergency Alert account name.
- You only have to register one time. Register using either your cell phone OR e-mail address, then add the other to your account once it has been created if you prefer.
- We suggest that you use your Eastern E-Net username and password as your EU Emergency Alert account name.
- If you are registering using your cell phone, a validation code will be sent to you as a text message. To ensure that you are entering the correct validation code during your registration, you will need to OPEN & READ the text message for the 4-digit validation code. The number that appears as the sender of the text message is NOT the actual code you will need to register.
Once your registration is confirmed, you can log-in to and manage your account:
- Add an additional cell phone number and/or e-mail address
- Change your status from active to in-active
- Change your cell phone number or email address
- Reset your password